First learned of this bad boy from my friends at La Gritona Reposado. Historically speaking, it is a house drink at La Capilla de Don Javier in Tequila, Jalisco. In LA we mix it up with some smoked citrus and attitude. Find your own flavor and the night is yours.
1. Splash some La Gritona Reposado in your cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes.
2. Squeeze the juice of one lime in the shaker.
3. Drop some Bushwick Kitchen’s Bees Knees Spicy Honey in your shaker. Cuidado! This stuff brings the heat.
4. Add a few nuggets of Smokin’ Connie’s smoked citrus to the shaker.
5. Shake it all up like your life depends on it!
6. Coat the rim of your glass with a little sea salt.
7. Add a fresh slice of smoked citrus and a big rock of ice to your glass, Place citrus on top of the ice.
8. Strain slowly over that smoked sunshine.
9. Finish with a splash of Mexican Coca Cola. Yes, there is a difference given the sugar content.
10. Find some friends and some sunshine-you’re about to have a great day!