It all started with a beer, actually a few at Grumpy’s in Ketchum. It’s a place that advertises Sorry We’re Open and serves schooners of cold beer.
On this day it was all tequila.Reuniting with one of my oldest childhood friends yielded an introduction to this amazing juice. Each bottle an affirmation of hard work and creativity.
The tequila ,like the man who introduced me, has layers and flavor. No one is really from here which makes it hard to determine what LA really is. Central to life in LA is the abundance of citrus. It fuels us, holding limitless opportunities.
This drink captures citrus and LA on a few levels: balancing smoke, spice, sweet and sour. This drink grabs those flavors and reminds you can be from somewhere else-but you’re right where you need to be.
- Drop a couple small slices of CR Citrus in your shaker along with ice.
- Add a healthy amount of La Gritona Reposado Tequila.
- Squeeze in some fresh juice, orange, lime, grapefruit will do just fine.
- Drizzle in some spicy honey-I prefer Bushwick Kitchen’s Bees Knees Spicy Honey.
- Drizzle in a little ginger syrup-I prefer Pickett’s extra spicy.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Fill your glass with one large ice cube.
- Place a large piece of smoked citrus on the cube and slowly strain cocktail over citrus.
- Feel free to add a splash of sparkling water-sometimes I do.
- Serve and enjoy. Keep that citrus for your next round.