Can’t quite remember when it all came to be, probably just a warm day and my aversion to Vodka. And, let’s face it, its kind of fun to say the word JACKASS!
I’ve been mixing these up for years and (as is my tendency) I’ve been telling anybody who will listen that these flavors are fantastic. Then my favorite handle of Bourbon, Burnside, sponsored a Home is Where the Bar is Competition. You can see the video on my Instagram post (@smokinconnie).
Let’s mix it up; Summer is here and so is my thirst. Enjoy this drink, why be a Russian Mule when you can be a Jackass from Kentucky!
Here are the details,
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and a healthy amount of Burnside Bourbon. They have a handful of varietals and they’re all fantastic.
2. Squeeze the juice of one lime into your shaker.
3. Drizzle a bit of Bushwick Kitchen’s Bees Knees Spicy Honey in the shaker. Trust me with the honey, it balances the sour of the lime and adds a kick of heat.
4. Add a few nuggets of CR Citrus (see above to order) to your shaker. The smokiness will blow up as mix your drink.
5. Shake that shaker with intention. (Inside joke for all yogis and educators).
6. Take a new slice of smoked citrus and place on a big rock of ice in your glass. Note, no fancy copper mug needed. If your glass has an opening, it will work for this jackass.
7. Strain your cocktail over the smoked citrus.
8. Finish with a splash of Ginger Beer. I like Bundaberg but any will work.
Enjoy this smooth drinking cocktail. Keep it positive and productive!